Baldor DC Motors
Baldor DC Motors
Are you looking for a direct current (DC) industrial motor supplier? Then you've come to the right place. Through our relationships with WEG and ABB Baldor and WEG, D.P. Brown of PA can source the DC motor you need for your unique operations.
Baldor-Reliance® DC motors offer performance and dependability in demanding applications and are available in round frames and distinct laminated square frames. To ensure trouble-free operation, wound field motors are built with high-performance molded commutators that deliver outstanding commutation. The insulating system is built with an additional safety margin to eradicate hot spots that would have otherwise impede performance.
The D.P. Brown team can assist you with motor selection, design and engineering. When you work with us as your DC motor supplier, you can have full confidence that the electric motor you've chosen will meet the requirements of your application.
Direct Current (DC) Industrial MotorsD.P. Brown of PA has access to an extensive line of DC electric motors that are designed to operate at higher starting torques and are easier to control the speed of your operations.
- U.L. and the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approved
- DPG-FV (drip proof – fully guarded), DPBV (drip proof – blower ventilated), TEFC, TENV, XP (explosion proof), and SPG enclosures
- Series wound, shunt wound, compound wound, and permanent magnet
- Interchangeable with most major brands to meet the needs of the most general industries
- Typical industrial applications: conveyors, elevators, air handling, printing, packaging, materials handling, office machinery, medical/lab equipment, food processing, pumps, marine duty, crane and hoist, metals, electric vehicles
The Baldor and WEG Lines of DC Electric MotorsD.P. Brown of PA carries the full breadth of Baldor’s ¼ hp to 500 hp DC electric motors:
- PMDC (Permanent Magnet)
- 1/8 hp to 5 hp
- Frame sizes: 42C, 48C,56C, 143-5TC, 182-4TC
- Class H+ moisture-resistant magnet
- Optional tachometer mounting kit for all but explosion proof motors
- SCR-Rated PMDC
- Modified designs for specific applications: explosion proof, washdown, metric mountings
- Wound Field
- A mainstay motor available for more than 75 years
- RPM III
- Laminated square frame to improve commutation and heat dissipation
- Needs less mounting space than conventional designs
- Both drip proof and totally enclosed
- Accessories include an encoder and tachometer kit, an encoder and tachometer mounting kit (sans tach), blower kits, filter kits, and sliding bases
- NEMA Frame 56 PMDC – ¼ hp to 1 hp
- NEMA Frame145TC PMDC – 1.5 hp to 3 hp
- M1600 Series PMDC – 2.375” diameter with speeds up to 5,000 rpm
- M4000 Series PMDC – 3.120” diameter with speeds up to 3,500 rpm
What Is a DC Motor?A Direct Current (DC) motor is a type of electrical machine that converts direct current electrical energy into mechanical energy through the interaction between magnetic fields and electric currents. DC motors have become widely used in industrial machinery and a wide range of other appliances. The fundamental principle behind the operation of a DC motor relies on the Lorentz force, which is the force experienced by a current-carrying conductor placed within a magnetic field.
The basic components of a DC motor include a stator, which provides a stationary magnetic field, and a rotor (also known as an armature), which is a rotating part containing conductors. DC motors can be classified into various types, such as brushed, brushless, and stepper motors, each with its unique features and advantages. The speed and torque of a DC motor can be controlled by adjusting the input voltage or current, making them highly versatile and suitable for a wide range of applications.
The Advantages of DC MotorsDC motors offer an array of advantages that make them a popular choice for various applications in industries and consumer products. One of the primary benefits is their simplicity in design and construction, which allows for easier installation, maintenance, and operation. This straightforward design also makes them very reliable, ensuring a longer lifespan compared to other motor types. Additionally, DC motors exhibit excellent torque characteristics, providing a strong and consistent force from low to high speeds, making them ideal for applications requiring precise control and rapid acceleration or deceleration.
Buy Your Baldor Direct Current (DC) Motors TodayWhen you need a DC motor to improve your operations, reach out to D.P. Brown today.
As a trusted DC motor supplier, we strive to provide you with the best unit available. Since our establishment in 1894, we have assisted customers from a diverse range of industries in finding the high-quality products they need to make sure they have what they need to succeed — and we will be happy to assist you as well.
Call, Email, or Request a Quote today.
How does a DC motor work?
At the heart of every DC motor lies a rotor, also known as an armature, and a stator. The rotor consists of a coil of wire wound around a central core, while the stator houses magnets that create a magnetic field. When electricity flows through the rotor's coil, it generates a magnetic force that interacts with the stator's magnetic field. This interaction results in rotational motion, driving the motor shaft and powering various mechanical applications.
What are DC motors better for?
DC motors excel in applications requiring precise speed control, high starting torque, and rapid acceleration or deceleration. They are ideal for use in electric vehicles, robotics, industrial machinery, and household appliances.
Why are DC motors still used?
Despite the growing popularity of AC motors, DC motors continue to be widely used due to their simplicity, high starting torque, and other benefits.
What are the sizes of DC motors?
DC motors come in various sizes, ranging from small micro-motors to large industrial-grade motors. The size of the motor is determined by factors such as power output, torque, and application requirements. At D.P. Brown, we offer a comprehensive selection of DC motors in various sizes and configurations to suit your specific needs.
Which DC motor is the best?
The best DC motor depends on your specific application and requirements. Factors such as power output, speed control, torque, and efficiency should be considered when selecting the ideal motor. D.P. Brown's team of experts can help you choose the perfect DC motor for your project, ensuring maximum performance, reliability, and lifespan.